What LIST WITH ELIZABETH® agents are doing differently.
During these unsettling times, sellers and buyers are concerned about staying healthy and virus-free, as we all are. To keep all parties safe, new procedures should be considered regarding showing houses during these times. LIST WITH ELIZABETH® agents have been ahead of the game in implementing many safety procedures as well leveraging their ability to use technology in a way most agents can’t or wouldn’t know how to start.
LIST WITH ELIZABETH® agents now are reporting that they are selling homes where the buyers have not physically been in the home and are basing their decision on the virtual tours found online at ListWithElizabeth.com, along with many of the other “extras” the LWE agents have been able to offer their clients. On the listing side, LIST WITH ELIZABETH® offers full 3d Virtual Tours, Video Tours, LIVE Facebook and LIVE YouTube open house broadcasts, as well as the standard High Definition pictures of each home they have for sale. The real estate industry makes up 17% of the nations economy, and real estate is considered an essential service in Virginia. Some states and jurisdictions have suspended open houses like Washington, DC, and other states have not addressed the subject as of yet. So LIST WITH ELIZABETH® is doing their part in keeping the industry and economy moving forward, while still making sure to keep everyone safe during the process.
LIST WITH ELIZABETH® offers 3D Virtual Tours of all our listings. Try it above!
In the spirit of stepping up to do what is necessary, the following suggestions should be considered:
- Buyers should view the pictures online first to see if the home meets their needs. Most listing agents upload enough pictures to get a good idea of what a home looks like. Unfortunately, not every listing agent is offering 3D tours, videos and online live tours to their selling clients. If an agent you are interviewing is not using Virtual options to sell your home, consider talking to Elizabeth and her team, as LIST WITH ELIZABETH® has been offering many high tech options for selling homes for several years and are way ahead of the game on this subject.
- Buyers should ask their agent questions that the photos don’t address. Then, their agent can go through the listing agent to ask the seller direct.
- It may be possible for the agent or owner to do a Facetime walk-through which would allow the buyers to ask questions and direct the agent or owner where to point the camera.
- When possible, buyers can make an appointment to see the home through their agent. They should meet the agent at the home in their own car. No children should attend showings.
- Recommended safe distances will be maintained between the owners and listing agent, if present, the buyers and their agent.
- Transfer is almost inevitable, and all precautions should be taken. Buyers should carry their own sanitizing wipes and or gloves and avoid unnecessarily touching surfaces. Allow their agent to open doors and cabinets.
- They should be disposed of in a trash bag in their car after they exit the home.
Elizabeth Ann Kline provides custom “HGTV” style guided tours that can be short and meant more for Social Media or longer for more extensive detailed tours.
The social distancing and isolation could present some buying opportunities due to a lack of competition. At the same time, the lack of inventory in many markets, such as Northern Virginia, could keep prices high. Overall, home prices nationwide are stable and, in many cases, continuing to rise which makes it a far less volatile alternative to investing in the stock market.
With mortgage rates being at historic lows, there will probably never be a cheaper time to finance a home.
LIST WITH ELIZABETH® continues to use many different high tech options to our clients.
Please stay safe; wash your hands; practice social distancing and follow all the guidelines necessary to promote good health. We’re all in this together!