@inkdrop via Twenty20
Many events are held in Lorton at the Workhouse Arts Center every year. It’s a 55-acre facility that took over the space that used to be the historic D.C. Workhouse and Reformatory. The Workhouse Arts Center is more than just a place for events, however.
The center supports over 100 emerging artists and professionals in the area. It has become one of the most nationally and regionally recognized spots for visual and performing arts. With artist studios and galleries, it’s a great place to enjoy an event.
Upcoming Events at the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton
Some events are ongoing, while others are held over just one or two days. Here’s a full list of the upcoming events at the Workhouse Arts Center.
- Call for Entries 12th Annual Clay International – Held through May 25th, 2022, this event is actually an open call for sculptural and functional ceramic artwork.
- Silent Towers – Held through May 9th, this is a collection of photographs that look at the Lorton Correctional Complex, which closed in 2001.
- Collapse and Other Softening Gestures – This solo exhibition from A. Blair Clemo is available through May 8th, 2022.
- Splendor of Spring – Held through May 29th, 2022, this painting and calligraphy exhibit is found in the McGuireWoods Gallery.
- Xanadu – Running through June 11th, 2022, this Tony Award-nominated musical adventure is found in the W-3 Theater.
- OnStage Performance Featuring Addison Agen – Held on May 7th and 8th, this performance will feature Indie-Folk singer and The Voice finalist Addison Agen.
- MusicWorks – Featuring many great musical artists, this performance will be held on June 3rd, 2022.
- Bobby Blackhat – Another musical event at the Workhouse, this performance will be held on June 18th at 7:30pm in the W16 Rizer Pavilion.
- New Orchestra of Washington – The orchestra will be performing on June 19th, 2022 in the W16 Rizer Pavilion.
- Open Call for Arches Gallery Artists – An open call for submissions from those without studio display space will be held on June 30th, 20222.
- Mark G. Meadows – A musical performance celebrating Stevie Wonder, this event is scheduled for July 2nd.
- Elijah Jamal Balbed and The JoGo Big Band – An incredible performance for those that love Big Band music, this event will be held on July 15th.
- Alma Ensemble – The Alman Ensemble will perform at the Workhouse on July 17th, 2022.
- Debora Bond – This Indie-Soul singer will perform in the W16 Rizer Pavilion on August 5th.
- JChris – A pianist and singer, JChris will perform on August 7th in the W16 McGuireWoods Gallery.
- Plunky and Oneness – Performing on August 19th, this musical act will provide plenty of entertainment.
- Terra Voce – Another musical act taking the state on August 21st, this duo provides many different styles.
- Brad Kolodner – Enjoy the sound of a Baltimore-based banjoist on September 3rd, 2022.
- Tom Teasley – Known as one of the most unique solo percussionists, Tom Teasley will perform on September 4th.
- Orlando Leyba – Performing on September 16th, this stand-up comedian will provide plenty of laughs.
- QuinTango – The winner of many WAMMIES, this group will take the stage on September 17th.
- NoBS! Brass – A brass band with plenty of energy, this performance will be held on September 24th.
- After Jack – Offering incredible harmonies, you can see this performance on October 1st, 2022.
- Marcolivia – A violin duo with incredible sound will perform on October 2nd.
- New Orchestra of Washington Día de Los Muertos – The orchestra will perform a very unique ensemble on October 14th in celebration of the Day of the Dead.
- John Bullard, Marjus Compton – Enjoy classical music and the banjo at the McGuireWoods Gallery on October 15th.
- Rainer Trio – A critically acclaimed trio, this group will perform on October 16th at the Workhouse.
- Wicked Sycamore – An all-female group will provide contemporary folk music on November 5th.
- Tammy Pescatelli – If you want to enjoy comedy from someone that grew up in a large Italian family, Tammy will be taking the stage on November 19th.
- Second Saturday Art Walk – Held every month on the second Saturday of the month, this art walk will run from 6pm to 9pm and will show off the many talented artists participating.