Photo Attribute: @rgags via Twenty20
When you move to Northern Virginia, you probably want to know about the popular annual events. There are many events in Northern Virginia to attend throughout the year. From holiday events to community events to festivals, you’ll find a great variety of options to consider.
Before you set up your calendar for the next season, consider the many upcoming events. Let’s look at some of the annual events in Northern Virginia to consider.
Spring Annual Events in Northern Virginia
There are several great events throughout Northern Virginia to enjoy in the spring. Some of the top events to consider include:
- Leesburg Flower & Garden Festival – Held in April every year, this festival is a very popular choice.
- Highland County Maple Festival – enjoy this annual event with the entire family in March.
- Middleburg Spring Races – A huge event in the area, the Middleburg Spring Races offer a sporting and social event for all to enjoy.
- Annual Spring Artfest – A fun event for those that enjoy art, this one features local artists in many genres.
The spring is a bit of a kickoff to the main event season in Northern Virginia. Along with these events, there are often many events around the Easter holiday including egg hunts, special church services and masses, and brunches at restaurants.
Summer Annual Events in Northern Virginia
The event season really takes off in Northern Virginia in the summer. With tons of events, you can have plenty of fun with your family. Some of the top options include:
- Loudoun County Fair – Maybe the most popular Northern Virginia event, the Loudon County Fair is a big, fun event held in July every year.
- Herndon Carnival – An event held every year in June, this carnival is popular with the entire family.
- Vintage Wine & Food Festival – A popular choice for music, beer, spirits, food, and more, this event usually happens in June every year.
- Taste Leesburg – A popular food event held for one day in August, the Taste Leesburg event offers a great choice for adults.
- RiverFest & Craft Show – This summer event includes plenty of fun for those that love to shop for crafts.
- Manassas Jazz Festival – This festival has been held for more than 15 years and offers a great choice in Manassas.
There are several other county fairs and events throughout the summer. It’s a time of music festivals, Independence Day events, and so much more.
Fall Annual Events in Northern Virginia
The fall is a fun time throughout Northern Virginia. The leaves are changing and there is so much to do. Some of the common annual events in the fall include:
- Virginia Scottish Games and Festival – A fun event held over Labor Day weekend; this Northern Virginia event has something for everybody.
- Lovettsville Oktoberfest – If you’re looking for a fun Oktoberfest event, this is one of the best you will find in the area.
- Alexandria King Street Art Festival – This event is the fall version of the spring art festival. It’s a great choice for the entire family.
- Cox Farms Fall Festival – One of the most enjoyable fall festivals is found at Cox Farms in Centreville.
- Fall for Fairfax KidsFest – The KidsFest is one of the best events for families with young kids in the fall.
- Waterford Fair – One of the longest-running fall events in Northern Virginia, this event has been going on for more than 75 years.
No matter what type of event you enjoy, the fall is a great season for all types of fun.
Winter Annual Events in Northern Virginia
Of course, the wintertime is colder and there won’t be as many outdoor events. However, there are still plenty of holiday events to enjoy and lots of fun in Northern Virginia including:
- Meadowlark Gardens Winter Walk of Lights – One of the best displays of lights in the area, this is an event the entire family will enjoy.
- Christmas in Middleburg Parade – A great event at the holidays, this one offers a parade and a bit more.
- Christmas at Gaylord National – An ongoing event filled with Christmas fun, this event is perfect for the family to enjoy.
- Washington’s Birthday Parade – You can help celebrate George Washington’s birthday with this fun event every winter.
The winter season is known as a great choice for holiday events and plenty of fun. There are plenty of events to enjoy throughout this time of the year.
No matter what time of year it is, there are events in Northern Virginia to enjoy. Plenty of family-friendly events and adult events are held all year long throughout Springfield, Burke, Fairfax, and other Northern Virginia communities.