Springfield, Braddock, and Burke residents have some summer concerts to look forward to as the Fairfax County Park Authority’s Summer Entertainment Series has returned to county locations this season.
NoVa summer weather brings with it the opportunity to take advantage of the area’s parks, lakes, and outdoor attractions during the summer months of June, July, August. And warm nights sharing music in the open air with friends and family is also a favorite activity.
Best Summer Concerts in NoVa
Summer Entertainment Series
Back in-person this summer, the Fairfax County Park Authority will once again offer its Summer Entertainment Series in Burke and other locations in 2021, made possible thanks to a strong partnership between government, volunteers, business sponsors, individual donors and the Fairfax County Park Foundation.
This summer tradition brings the community together with a variety of performances, from classical to bluegrass and other musical genres as well as children’s performances. The summer concert season at park authority venues will kick off on July 7, and in the Burke area, concert series include Springfield Nights and Braddock Nights.
2021’s third season of free summer concerts in Burke Lake Park, Springfield Nights includes Wednesday night performances of pop, rock, and R & B music as well as Saturday morning performances for children. Talented Fairfax County high school musicians will open each Wednesday show.
And to complete the family-friendly, informal atmosphere, attendees are invited to bring a picnic dinner, blankets, and lawn chairs to relax and socialize. However, you can also take the night off and find food, 2 Silos Brewing Co. beer, and Peterson’s Ice Cream on-site available for purchase.
Similarly, Braddock Nights is hosted Saturday mornings at Wakefield Park in Annandale and Friday evenings at Royal Lake Park and Rutherford Park in Fairfax. These free summer concerts present a wide array of performances from classical to bluegrass, with something for every music lover, offered in a socially distant atmosphere.
Attendees are welcome to bring a picnic dinner, blankets, and lawn chairs.
Because performances are held outdoors, they may be canceled in the case of inclement weather. Before attending a show, call 703-324-SHOW (7469) for an inclement weather update.
No registration required to attend, but you may want to check the schedule to see which bands are playing. Below are the schedules for the summer performances:
Wednesdays at 7 p.m. and Saturdays at 10 a.m. summer concerts.
- July 10: The Great Zucchini
- July 14: Randy Thompson Band
- July 17: Rocknoceros
- July 21: The Skip Castro Band
- July 24: Mr. Gabe & the Circle Time All-Stars
- July 28: The Roadducks
- July 31: Marsha and the Positrons
- Aug. 4: The Johnny Artis Band
- Aug. 7: Ray Owen
- Aug. 11: Practically Einstein
- Aug. 14: Blue Sky Puppet Theater
- Aug. 18: The Colin Thompson Band
Wakefield Park performances Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
Royal Lake Park & Rutherford Park Fridays from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. summer concerts in NoVa.
- July 7: Karl Stoll and The Danger Zone, Rutherford Park
- July 9: Paul Reisler & Three Good Reasons, Royal Lake Park
- July 10: Blue Sky Puppet Theatre, Wakefield Park
- July 14: Linwood Taylor, Rutherford Park
- July 16: Little Red & The Renegades, Royal Lake Park
- July 17: Marsha and the Positrons
- July 21: Soul Crackers, Rutherford Park
- July 23: Kadencia Orchestra, Royal Lake Park
- July 24: Ray Owen, Wakefield Park
- July 28: The Nitehawks Swing Band, Rutherford Park
- July 30: Lesson Zero, Royal Lake Park
- July 31: The Great Zucchini, Wakefield Park
- Aug. 4: City of Fairfax Band – Alte Kameraden German Band, Rutherford Park
- Aug. 6: Mark Puryear and Friends, Royal Lake Park
- Aug. 7: Rocknoceros, Wakefield Park
- Aug. 11: Karen Collins & The Backroads Band, Rutherford Park
- Aug. 13: The Hillbilly Gypsies, Royal Lake Park
- Aug. 14: Mr. Gabe & the Circle Time All-Stars, Wakefield Park
- Aug. 18: Common Ground, Rutherford Park
- Aug. 20: Mars Rodeo, Royal Lake Park
All of these summer concerts in NoVa offer plenty of great options to enjoy throughout the season.